Friday, May 22, 2015

Thoughts Notebook | Couture Creations

#kerriegurney #couturecreatonsaus

Hi all Kerrie here on the Couture Creations Blog

Today I am sharing with you all a quick gift idea
Embellishing a store book notebook or Journal

I love to personalise gifts to suit the person I am giving them too
It makes for such a special keepsake for them


I bought this Journal months ago as when I saw it in the store I new it would be perfect for when the Hearts Ease Paper Collection was release.
Luckily it wasn't lost on my desk as most things are :)

To embellish this journal was so super easy, I am thinking I may have to go and buy some more journals and embellish a few more.


To start I cut 2 pennants from Hearts Ease patterned papers and distressed the edges using my non stick scissors



I also distress this Heart Ease Chipboard sentiment piece slightly and inked the edges of the papers and the chipboard sentiment using a sponge dauber


I die cut 1 x Keepsake Kandy doily die from the Amaryllis collection and 1 x Cycad Fern from the Everyday Essentials collection ..using the Quick Release Die Paper



I then foiled my Cycad Fern using foil and my laminator as shown in this post


I grabbed a selection of Couture Creations Flowers,


Which I then sprayed to suit my journal cover
I always colour more than I need as you never know what arrangement you want and then you always have some coloured for your next project. 



and then it was a matter of arranging everything onto the front cover.
I used the 18mm Double Sided Tape for the paper and 6mm for adhering the flowers and doily
I used the Turbo Glue Pen for adhering the leaves





 Happy Creating 



1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This looks beautiful! I love the richness of those colours!