Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day Card

#kerriegurney 

With it being Mother's Day tomorrow I thought I would create a Mother's Card for my first post  for May for Couture Creations Blog 
I created this card using my new favourite papers Botanical Tea from Graphic 45  for this card I used the 8x8 Pad as I like the smaller print for cards. 





Die cut the larger die from The Treasures Memories Set  using the Quick Release Die Paper 
(you can use any of the Couture Creations Ornamental Lace Dies that fit)




the paper lifts straight out of the die


next cut a piece of striped paper 5"x 5" and emboss using Celebrate embossing folder



Lightly sand using sanding block



cut a strip of dot paper 1.5" x 5" and emboss using Small Dots embossing folder
cut another piece of patterned paper 2" x 5" do not emboss this piece.


cut a piece of Core'dinations cardstock 5" x 12" and from the left score at 2" and from the right score at 5"

Distress all the edges of patterned paper and cardstock


Cut one of the labels from the label sheet and distress the edges of it too, Cut a piece of cardstock .5" x  3.5" and cut a pennant shape in one end.


Layer all together, making sure you place ribbon on before adhering patterned paper. I added a Happy Mother's Day free printable from Kiki Creates which I attached using 3D foam dots to add some dimension.


here is a look at the card opened up




a closer look at the embossing and the layers




Here is an extra card i created with the scraps from the first, using he same embossing folders and die and adding the stamped sentiment onto decorative plaque die.


I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial
and
I would like to wish all the Mum's a very Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow

If you are in Brisbane I am teaching a class for Couture Creations along with Tracey May 31st at Arnold's Scrapbook & Craft as well as on the June long weekend 7th - 9th June at the Scrapbook & Papercraft Expo with Tracey and Tina
there are still limited places available in all our classes at both venues



Couture Creations Products Used

Other Products Used
Maya Road Trinket Pin
Seam Binding Ribbon

Don't forget follow Couture Creations on Facebook



 Happy Creating
Kerrie

No comments: