Thursday, October 8, 2009

Halloween Invitations - Coffin with Severed Finger



here is a look at the invitations for i have made for Ashleigh's Halloween Party

I made the coffins using a coffin template found on Skip to my Lou's blog see here
and my very talented friend Anna made the severed fingers for me using white Craylola Model Magic which I aged using walnut ink. I got the idea for the fingers from who else but Martha Stewart see here for Martha's invitation.  I have just used crushed up leaves to lay the fingers on, giving the feeling of them being dug up ...
I just need to add the details which I will on a coffin shaped card to go into the lid.


here are all the fingers ready waiting to go into their coffins... don't you just love all those fingers.




 HERE are all the photos from the party

Happy Halloween to you all
Kerrie

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Holy Toledo, Kerrie, how I wish we lived closer!! Those fingers are INCREDIBLE!!! I totally love them.

Anonymous said...

OMG Kerrie they look so good, you are never short of an idea. Jeremy thought that they were so cool. Hope Ashleigh has a great party.

Jo

Jenny Quld said...

Wow, Jo told me how magnificent your fingers were and she was so right lol!
Your blog looks great!
Jenny